- In a skillet over high heat, add 1tsp coconut oil and seasoning of sea salt and black pepper. To this add 900g mince beef to brown. Add another seasoning again.
- Once the meat is browned, strain all the excess fat away. Return meat to the pot and add 2 cloves garlic chopped and 3tbsp tomato puree and stir to combine.
- Add 1 tin chopped tomatoes, chopped cubed carrot; handful of fresh basil and parsley chopped; salt; pepper; dried oregano; all seasoning for meat and about 200ml boiling water.
- Meanwhile, cook your spaghetti pasta as per instructions.
- Prepare the garlic butter mix for the bread by melting about 50g butter. To this add a glug of olive oil, 2 minced garlic cloves and fresh parsley chopped. Mix to combine.
Spread over sliced french baguette and when ready, bake in 190degree oven until toasty - about 10mins.
- Strain spaghetti and assemble your dish with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese, fresh parsley and basil and black pepper on top.
Large glass of red wine optional!
Friday, 5 August 2016
Spaghetti Bolognese has so many variations and flavours you can add or omit.
I also have chosen to use gluten free spaghetti today, making it a Gluten Free option.
Here's what works for us: