HEARTY BEEF STEW:
This is the perfect answer to a cold evening for dinner.
I added a few warm spices and herbs to this to give it a bit of zing!
1. Brown some stewing beef in some olive oil and a shake of salt and pepper in a skillet over medium to high heat. Drain the meat of excess oil.
2. Return to pot and off the heat add 2tbsp cornflour making sure to stir and combine until no white left. Then crumble in 1 beef stock cube and combine until it colours to a deep brown. add about 200ml boiling water bit by bit combining well.
3. Next is your vegetables....diced carrots, chopped celery and chopped garlic.
4. Then your spices and herbs.....in a pestle and mortar i added some dried rosemary, thyme and a little cumin seeds, a grind of salt & pepper and combine them all well until they are nearing resembling powder. I like the little add of cumin here to give it a little kick. Add to your stew. Then add a dash or 2 of Worcestershire sauce.
5. Add more water to cover if needed and simmer for about 50 minutes on a low to medium heat.
Taste test your stew for more seasoning or thickening.
Serve with fluffy boiled potatoes.