Honey & nut lemon drizzle loaf:
This one is for me! My type of treat for afternoon tea.
1. Sift 350g plain flour and 1tbsp baking powder in a large bowl. Rub 175g butter in until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Stir in 75g caster sugar and a mix of roughly chopped walnuts and hazelnuts.
3. Beat together 3 medium eggs, 1tbsp milk, 1tbsp lemon juice, 2tbsp golden syrup and 3tbsp honey (you could just use 5tbsp of honey or maple/golden syrup).
Add to the dry ingredients and gently mix to make a soft-dropping consistency (add little more milk if need)
4. Pour mix into prepared greased and lined loaf tin. Bake on middle shelf of preheated 170 degree oven for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
5. Remove loaf and cool on rack.
6. For the lemon drizzle, sift 75g icing sugar into a bowl. Add 1tbsp lemon juice and stir to make a smooth icing, adding little by little more juice if needed. Drizzle how you want over the cooled loaf and top with some walnut pieces.
The perfect afternoon tea loaf!