This is similar i suppose to adding potato into a spanish omelette.
But by adding the potato as a base, it gives the quiche effect and taste without the pastry crust addition.
Perfect hot or cold. Great for lunch boxes too. My favourite is serving it cold with salad as a brunch or tea snack. It sets nicer too as it cools.
So, here's how i do it:
- Add mashed potato to a bowl and into it combine 2tbsp fat free quark (soft cheese); seasoning; parsley and one egg.
- Spoon the potato mix into a greased oven proof dish, bringing the mix up the sides of dish also.
- Bake in a pre heated 200 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, prepare your filling: chopped tomatoes; onions; mushrooms; peppers; sweetcorn and combine with 5 eggs, seasoning and parsley.
- Pour egg mix onto potato mix. I like to add some chopped ham here and grated cheddar.
- Return to oven for about 15 minutes until set and golden.