I've used Gluten Free flours today but can easily work the same with other flours.
I have stated before, i do not need my food Gluten free but over the past few years have baked and cooked quite a bit experimenting with Gluten Free recipes and dishes. Personally, Gluten free products help me to enjoy some of my favourite dishes without all that bloating, heaviness and discomfort.
On a separate note, I have an intolerance to Yeast. So, Anything with yeast in it, like breads, sauces etc etc, gives me symptoms such as stomach cramps & bloating; tiredness; cravings for sugar and many more. Also any sugary foods, as it fuels the growth of yeast in the body.
Bake to my lemon cupcakes!
I'm using a simple cupcake recipe that i always use for cupcakes. I also use it for cakes.
It's easy to whip together and the simple ingredient list will you will know very quickly, so you won't even need to pull the recipe out to read after a while!
Always take the butter out of the fridge well in advance so it is soft at room temperature when you start baking. It will need to be this soft consistency for baking your buns.
This recipe will make 12 small cup cakes or 6 big ones (or squeeze 8 out of it like i've done today)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line cupcake tins with cases.
- In a mixer beat your softened 125g BUTTER with 125g CASTER SUGAR until light and fluffy. Add in 1/2 the zest of 1 full LEMON saving the other half for icing.
- Alternating the eggs and the flour, gradually add the 2 EGGS and 150G SELF RAISING FLOUR with 1/4 TSP BAKING POWDER.
- Once batter is well combined and smooth and light, mix in a drop of VANILLA EXTRACT and 1 TBSP desiccated COCONUT.
- Divide mix between the bun cases and bake in pre heated oven for approximately 10-12 minutes until cake skewer inserted into middle of buns, comes out clean/dry. Cool on wire rack before adding icing to them.
- To make the lemon icing, beat 75g of soft BUTTER and gradually beat in up to 175g ICING SUGAR. Mix in the JUICE of half a LEMON and the remaining zest. It should be easily spreadable - you may need to add more/less icing sugar and a little water if it requires more liquid.
- Ice your fresh lemon cupcakes and sprinkle a little lemon zest on top for decoration.