Tuesday, 16 September 2014
Here’s my version with chopped pear and chocolate. They are so versatile though and you can add whatever filling you fancy. Nuts and chocolate work great together here too.
I cheated here and used ready roll puff pastry I had in the fridge. Ready rolls are great to have for easy peasy quick yummy recipes.
1. Preheat oven to 190°C.
2. Roll out the pastry. Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
3. Scatter peeled & chopped pears and roughly chopped dark chocolate all over the pastry leaving a border on the edges.
4. From the long edge, start rolling the dough in tightly and then cut into slices.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until well risen and golden brown. If the filling starts to brown too much, cover with tin foil.
6. When finished cooking, remove them from oven and brush each one with maple syrup and leave for 10 minutes to cool. Then turn them out onto a wire rack to cool.