Saturday 6 September 2014

CHOCOLATE FUDGE:

If ever there was an Easy Peasy fudge recipe…..this is it!
They are quite sweet but very nice. 
Keep in the fridge in an airtight container and that way they will keep for a while. 




I used a silicone mould with individual round moulds but you can just use an 8x8” baking pan and cut the fudge when set.  I also used a novelty mould that I picked up recently.  If you are using the pan, butter the bottom and sides and then line with greaseproof paper leaving about 2 inch overlap over the pan each side.

1.      In a glass/stainless steel bowl, stir together 1x can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk, 1tsp vanilla extract, 8oz chocolate, 1 cup nutella and 3 tbsp butter.  Set the bowl over a pot of simmering water and gentle melt the mix.
2.      Pour mix into prepared tin or mould.  I sprinkled sea salt flakes into my mould first, for the adult fudge (I don’t think the kids would like the flavours but trust me the salt and chocolate work amazingly together) and poured the mix gently into each one.  For the tin, if you like, you can sprinkle the sea salt flakes over the mix.
I also sprinkled desiccated coconut and ground almond across some of them.
3.      Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.  I inserted lollipop sticks when the fudge was setting but not completely set. 
4.      When ready, run a knife under hot water, dry it off and run it around the edges of the pan to loosen.  Or just flip out the fudge from the mould!

DELICIOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment