Monday, 18 August 2014
Monday Madness - Random PAVLOVA
Because it’s so easy peasy to make, I had it decided, made and in the oven in 10 minutes. The only things you will need are eggs whites, sugar and vinegar. And of course a mixer.
Here’s how I did it:
1. Place 4 egg whites in a clean and dry mixer bowl and whisk using the fastest speed until soft peaks form.
2. Add 225g/8oz caster sugar all in one go and a dash of white vinegar and whisk at full speed for approx 4-5 minutes until stiff peaks form. (The vinegar will help with a “gooey” centre.
3. Line an oven tray with greaseproof paper and tip the mix out onto it.
4. Bake in preheated 150° oven for 1 hour. Then turn oven off and leave pavlova to cool in the oven completely.
5. I served mine with some whipped cream and fresh strawberries…..a Monday evening treat….just because!