Thursday 14 August 2014

Tapas evening.


So, I’m visiting some friends down in Co Cork at the moment.  Beautiful part of the country.  I love it down here.  The weather is not the best at the moment, but it’s not a problem.
Some great food, great friends and great conversation.......all we need to a nice relaxing catch up.


On Tuesday, we had a tapas evening with my dips and sauces I prepared.  We had a good old natter with some chilled white wine and yummy tapas which included:
·        Olives
·        Brie cheese
·        My prepared Hummus, Pesto and Olive Tapenade
·        Spicy chorizo chunks
·        Corn on the cob
·        French baguette, crackers and crisps
·        Dips and oils

I love all the garlic flavours and oils with these tapas.  Always a great combination.  Served with a nice chilled glass of white wine........Mmm























I also made some of my truffle bites.  I tried out a few new flavours and coatings.  Included here are:
·        Mint
·        Walnut and cranberry
·        Baileys and white chocolate chip
The coatings are varied:
·        White and milk chocolate
·        Ground almond
·        Chopped walnut
·        Coconut flakes


I have to say, the star of the show was the baileys and white chocolate chip with white chocolate coating.  Yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment