Wednesday 20 August 2014

Turkey and tomato piri piri Pasta:

I tend to through dishes together all the time!  When I am using meat like chicken or turkey breast I tend to search the cupboards, fridge and freezers to see what ingredients I have.  As it is a very versatile meat, there are so many dishes you can make.  Here is a pasta dish I threw together but the flavours really worked together.  There’s a little heat from the piri piri and the tomatoes go great with spaghetti.  The lime gives it a fresh twist also.



Here’s how I made it:


1.      Add a dollop of flora cuisine to skillet over medium heat and add chopped red pepper, onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes to soften.
2.      Add diced turkey breast and turn up heat.  Season with salt, pepper, red meat aromat and dried basil.  Cook until browned stirring continuously to stop burning.
3.      Add a good drop of white wine to the pot, stir and cook down.
4.      Then add a few drops of Piri Piri sauce (I use the mild jar…it’s hot enough for me) and 1tbsp tomato puree and combine.
5.      Add about 100ml boiling water, 1 tin of chopped tomatoes, 1 chicken stock pot and juice of half a lime.
6.      At this point, taste test your sauce to see how you’re going with flavours and seasonings and add accordingly.  I add another grind of salt.
7.      Add a tin of chickpeas, turn heat down and simmer for about 15 minutes.

8.      I serve it with some spaghetti pasta boiled in stock water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment