Friday, 8 August 2014
MY CHICKEN CURRY
I’ve tried this so many ways, from scratch and from a pack.
My good friends from
once gave me a really yummy curry paste.
We devoured it in no time. I
couldn’t find it anywhere after and trying to find a replacement proved tough. I eventually found a paste/powder and it
works good…….for now!
Here’s what we enjoy now in our house. It’s really very scrumptious and creamy:
1. Soften sliced red onion in some sesame oil over medium heat.
2. Once softened add in the cubed chicken and turn the heat up a notch. Cook this until the chicken is coloured all over.
3. Add in some chopped garlic, a dash of curry powder, turmeric, salt and pepper.
4. Mix well then add 2 tbsp curry paste. Mix this very well until combined stirring so as not to burn.
5. To this then add ½ tin of light coconut milk. Make sure to stir well to make sure all the paste and powder that sticks to the chicken are well mixed and combined in.
6. Once this is done, add the rest of the coconut milk.
7. Simmer for 20 minutes making sure to stir it occasionally so as not to burn.
8. We like peas in our curry, so add these in now also.
9. Serve with rice of choice (ours is basmati) and homemade chips to dunk into your curry (optional-but our men here love them!)